Today marked the return to Asylum development after a 2 month break to move house. Because it had been quite a long break I’ve used today to refresh my memory on what I was doing and where I’d got.
A recent upgrade to an HDMI monitor has shown me that the lighting in the Asylum was indeed way too dark in places, especially the starting area where the player would be without a torch. So, I’ve spent the first dev day going back through the various sections that I’ve done so far tweaking the lights to make it easier at the beginning.
The courtyard also needed a collision box to finally stop the player from walking straight through the railings to fall to their deaths.